Alia Bhatt is an actress and singer of Indian origin and British citizenship, who works in Hindi films. She is one of the highest paid actresses in India. She has appeared in Forbes India’s Celebrity 100 list since 2014 and was featured by Forbes Asia in their 30 Under 30 list of 2017. She played her first leading role in Karan Johar’s teen drama Student of the Year.
Personal Life :
Alia Bhatt was born on 15 March 1993 in Mumbai to film director Mahesh Bhatt and actress Soni Razdan. Her father is of Gujarati descent and her mother is of Kashmiri Pandit and German ancestry. Director Nanabhai Bhatt is her paternal grandfather. She has an elder sister, Shaheen and two half siblings, Pooja Bhatt and Rahul Bhatt. Emraan Hashmi and Mohit Suri are her paternal cousins, while producer Mukesh Bhatt is her uncle.
Alia was educated at the Jamnabai Narsee School in Mumbai. Alia dreamed to become an actress in a movie from her childhood. She holds British citizenship. Bhatt’s first acting role was as a child artist in Sangharsh, starring Akshay Kumar and Preity Zinta where she played the younger version of Zinta’s character. In 2018, She began dating Ranbir Kapoor. Alia and Ranbir finally tied the knot on April 14, 2022, and had embarked on a new journey in their lives. Also Read : Sunny Leone Wiki, Bio, Age, Career and Personal Life
Alia Bhatt did first leading role from the movie Student of the Year co-starring Sidharth Malhotra and Varun Dhawan directed by Karna Johar in 2012. It was a commercially successful movie for her. After that, She went on to establish herself with starring roles in several films produced by Karan Johar’s studio Dharma Productions, including the romances 2 States, Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhania, and Badrinath Ki Dulhania, and the coming-of-age drama Dear Zindagi.
Alia Bhatt won the Filmfare Critics Award for Best Actress for playing a kidnapping victim in the road drama Highway, co-starring with Randeep Hooda and two Best Actress awards at the ceremony for playing a Bihari migrant in the crime drama Udta Punjab and a spy in the thriller Raazi, co-starring Vicky Kaushal.
In the movie Razzi, Alia Bhatt has played the role of young girl Shehmat who is an undercover intelligence officer for RAW. Her acting in that movie earned several awards for Best Actress. In 2019, she became a female cast of movie Gully Boy, Brahmastra, Kalank, Takht, and Sadak. In a movie, Brahmastra She is Co-starring with Amitabh Bachchan, Ranbir Kapoor, and Mouni Roy.
Sangharsh – 1999; Student of the Year – 2012; Highway, 2 States, Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhania – 2014; Shaandaar – 2015; Kapoor & Sons, Udta Punjab, Ae Dil Hai Mushkil, Dear Zindagi – 2016; Badrinath Ki Dulhania – 2017; Raazi – 2018; Gully Boy, Kalank – 2019; Sadak 2 – to be released; Brahmastra – to be released. Also Read : Deepika Padukone Wiki, Bio, Age, Career and Personal Life
Awards / Achievements :
- Best Female Debut for Student of the Year by Times of India Film Awards – 2013
- Filmfare Critics Award for Best Actress for Highway – 2015
- Filmfare Best Actress Award for Udta Punjab – 2017
- Listed in Forbes 30 Under 30 Asia – 2017
- In 2014, she participated in an extravaganza in Uttar Pradesh’s Saifai Mahotsava organized by Samajwadi Party, at the time when Muzzafarnagar riots took place in Uttar Pradesh. She later apologized for it and said that she regretted not being much politically aware.
- After appearing in a chat show Koffee With Karan, she was trolled for her lack of general awareness and was labeled as “Beauty without Brains.” In an episode, featuring along with Sidharth Malhotra and Varun Dhawan, she replied Prithviraj Chauhan; when asked who was the President of India!
- Her name also appeared in the infamous AIB Roast Scandal. An F.I.R. and an arrest warrant were also issued on her name.
Wiki – Bio :
|Date of Birth / Age :||15 March 1993 / 27 Years (as in 2020)|
|Nick Name :||Aloo, Alia|
|Full Name :||Alia Bhatt|
|Birth Place :||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Home Town :||Mumbai, India|
|Religion / Caste :||Atheist|
|Zodiac Sign / Sun Sign :||Pisces|
|Height :||160 Cm|
|Weight :||55 Kg|
|Body Measurement :||33-26-34|
|Education :||High School|
|School :||Jamnabai Narsee School, Mumbai|
|College / University :||Did not Attend|
|Debut Film :||Sangharsh (Child Artist) – 1999, Student of the Year (Lead Role) – 2012|
|Net Income / Worth :||₹ 10 crore / film|
|Affairs / Boyfriends / Ex :||Varun Dhawan, Kavin Mittal, Sidharth Malhotra, Ranbir Kapoor|
|Marital Status :||Married ( 14 Apr 2022 )|
|Spouse / Husband :||Ranbir Kapoor|
|Parents :||Mahesh Bhatt (Father), Soni Razdan (Mother)|
|Siblings :||Rahul Bhatt (step-brother), Pooja Bhatt (half-sister), Shaheen Bhatt (Elder), Emraan Hashmi and Mohit Suri (Maternal cousins)|
|Hobbies :||Singing, Listening to Music, Doing Yoga, Travelling, Cooking, Playing the Piano|
|Food Habit :||Vegetarian (From 2015)|
|Favorite Food :||Fish, Ragi Chips, French Fries, Rasgulla, Dahi-Chawal, Moong Dal Halwa|
|Favorite Destination :||Himachal Pradesh, London|
|Favorite Actors :||Shahrukh Khan, Ranbir Kapoor, Govinda, Leonardo DiCaprio|
|Favorite Actresses :||Kareena Kapoor, Kangana Ranaut, Jennifer Lawrence|
|Favorite Films :||Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind|
|Favorite Musician :||A R Rahman|
|Favorite Song :||Money On My Mind|
|Favorite Filmmakers :||Sooraj Barjatya, Karan Johar|
|Favorite Perfume / Scent :||Bleu de Chanel|
|Favorite Book :||The Fault In Our Stars by John Green|
|Favorite Color :||Red|
|Favorite Number :||8|
|Cars Collection :||Land Rover Range Rover Vogue, Audi Q7, Audi Q5, Audi A6, BMW 7-Series|
|Address :||205, Silver Beach Apartments, B Wing, A. B. Nair Road, Next To Guestline Hotel, Juhu, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Contact / Email :||N/A|
|Social Profile :||Facebook Instagram Twitter|
Some Known Facts about Alia Bhatt :
- Does Alia Bhatt smoke?: Not Known
- Does Alia Bhatt drink alcohol?: Yes
- Alia was born to a Gujarati-Hindu father and a Kashmiri German Muslim mother.
- She never wanted her debut film to be directed or produced by her father, Mahesh Bhatt.
- She first met Ranbir Kapoor, when she was 11 years old, and since then, she had a crush on him.
- When she was around 15 years, she had screen tested for Balika Vadhu with Ranbir Kapoor.
- In 2014, she turned singer and sang Sooha Saaha, soundtrack in the film Highway.
- She is an animal lover and has done campaigning for PETA to raise awareness about homeless animals.
- Alia is scared of darkness, and that’s why she sleeps at night with lights on.
- She prefers to drink cold beverages over hot ones.
- She has a habit of smelling her fingers.
- She has a habit of making diary entries every night.
- Alia believes, she is a very lazy person and can sleep for more than 12 hours at a stretch.
- She likes to use men’s perfumes only.
- She gets very nervous while traveling by air.
- She can’t afford to have a meal without curd as she is so addicted to it.
Disclaimer : We Strive for accuracy and fairness. If you see something that doesn’t look right, please Contact Here, Comment below, Join Us on Twitter Facebook Koo Instagram Telegram and Youtube or Mail us at email@example.com