Kanika Kapoor is a popular Indian singer well known for her Hindi, Punjabi, and Party songs. She is also known for her unique style of singing and powerful voice. She is best known for singing the hit Bollywood songs Baby doll and Chhitiyan kalaiyan. apart from singing, she is also a trained Kathak dancer.
Personal Life :
Kanika Kapoor was born 21 August 1978 in Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh. Her father Rajeev Kapoor is a businessman, and her mother, Poonam Kapoor, is a boutique owner. She has an elder brother, Shasha, who owns a company in London. She attended Lucknow’s Loreto Convent School. At the age of 12 she started learning classical music under musician Ganesh Prasad Mishra. She participated in many music competitions at school in her childhood. Also Read : Ekta Kapoor Wiki, Bio, Age, Career and Personal Life
At the age of 15, Kanika kapoor did a stint with All India Radio and also accompanied bhajan singer Anup Jalota in his shows. She did her Bachelor and then Masters in music from Bhatkhande Music Institute in Lucknow. She then moved to Mumbai to pursue her music career. Anup Jalota introduced the 16 year old Kanika to Bollywood folk and helped here sign a three year contract with Universal Polygram. While in Mumbai, she made an album with Lalit Sen but it never released.
Kanika met Raj Chandok at her cousin’s wedding in Khajuraho and she fell in love with him. The couple tied the knot in 1997 and moved to London. They have two daughters, Aayana and Samara and a son, Yuvraaj. All her kids have British citizenship. After a togetherness of around 15 years, the couple split up in 2010, due to some personal reasons. The couple got divorced in 2012.
Kanika Kapoor made her Singing debut in 2012 with the song Jugni Ji, featuring Dr. Zeus. The song was the remix version of the Pakistani Sufi Song Alif Allah, and it became a huge commercial success within a few weeks of its release. In 2014, she began her Bollywood playback singing career with Baby doll for the film Ragini MMS 2. The song became widely popular and was critically acclaimed, and from there she never looks back. Also Read : Urvashi Rautela Wiki, Bio, Age, Career and Personal Life
Subsequently, she lent her voice for popular songs like Lovely, Kamli, Desi Look, Chittiyaan Kalaiyaan, Nachan Farrate, Jugni Peeke Tight Hai, Jab Chaye Tera Jadoo, and Beat Pe Booty, which has millions of views on youtube. Now She is getting counted as the top female singers, and has all the happiness and stardom in life that any superstar wants. Currently, she lives in London, and for song recording and other music concerns she moves between India and England. In addition to singing, she runs her own fashion brand, Kanika Kapoor : House of Chikankari, to promote the art of embroidery and textile decoration.
Jugni Ji – 2012; Baby Doll, Baby Doll (Remix Version), Lovely, Kamlee – 2014; Chittiyaan Kalaiyaan, Chittiyaan Kalaiyaan (MBA Swag), Chittiyaan Kalaiyaan (Remix), Chhil Gaye Naina, Desi Look, Desi Look (Remix), We Could Be Heroes, Nachan Farrate, Nachan Farrate (MB Swag), Jugni Peeke Tight Hai (Version 1), Teddy Bear, Jab Chaye Tera Jadoo, Neendein Khul Jaati Hain, Super Girl From China, Premika, Tukur Tukur – 2015; Jawaani Le Doobi, Ishq Samundar, Da Da Dasse, Ankhiyaan, Hug Me, Teri Kamar Ko, Luv Letter, Beat Pe Booty, Selfie, Dana Kata Pori, Tutak Tutak Tutiya – 2016; Shake Karaan, Resham Da Rumaal, Abhagi Piya Ki – 2017; Galla Goriyaa/Aaja Soniye, Nachdi Firangi, Pretty Girl, Cheater Mohan, Thade Rahiyo, Chodd Diya – 2018; Genda Phool, Manmohini – 2019
- Big Star Entertainment Award for Most Entertaining Female Singer for the song Lovely – 2014
- Filmfare Award for Best Female Playback Singer for Baby Doll – 2015
- Hindustan Times Most Stylish Awards for Most Stylish Music Personality – 2016
- IIFA Award for Best Female Playback Singer for Chittiyaan Kalaiyaan – 2016
- Singer & Music Producer Dr Zeus was unhappy with Kanika Kapoor as he was not credited as the producer of her debut song Baby Doll Main Sone Di. Dr Zeus, during an interview, expressed his anger and said that Meet Bros reaped the fruits of his hard work as they were unfairly given the credit for the song.
- After being tested positive for the novel coronavirus on 20 March 2020, Kanika Kapoor was heavily trolled on social media for being careless regarding the gravity of the disease, as she had attended at least three gatherings in Lucknow, including a night stay at a five-star hotel in the city. According to some medical officials at the Sanjay Gandhi PGIMS in Lucknow, where the singer underwent her treatment, she threw a lot of tantrums and wanted a celebrity type of treatment.
Wiki – Bio :
|Date of Birth / Age :||21 August 1978, 42 Years (as in 2020)|
|Nick Name :||Kanika|
|Full Name :||Kanika Kapoor|
|Birth Place :||Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh, India|
|Home Town :||Lucknow, India|
|Religion / Caste :||Hinduism / Khatri|
|Zodiac Sign / Sun Sign :||Leo|
|Height :||165 Cm|
|Weight :||56 Kg|
|Body Measurement :||33-26-34|
|Education :||BA and MA in Music|
|School :||Loreto Convent, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh|
|College / University :||Bhatkhande Music Institute, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh|
|Net Income / Worth :||$7 Million (approx)|
|Affairs / Boyfriends / Ex :||Raj Chandok|
|Marital Status :||Divorced (1997 – 2012)|
|Husband :||Raj Chandok (Ex)|
|Children :||Aayana, Samara (Daughter), Yuvraaj (Son)|
|Parents :||Rajeev Kapoor (Father), Poonam Kapoor (Mother)|
|Siblings :||Sasha (Brother)|
|Hobbies :||Doing Yoga, Shopping, Travelling|
|Food Habit :||Non-vegetarian|
|Favorite Food / Cuisines :||Aloo Paratha, Jalebi / Chinese|
|Favorite Destination :||N/A|
|Favorite Actor :||Hrithik Roshan, Leonardo DiCaprio|
|Favorite Actress :||Deepika Padukone|
|Favorite Lyricist :||Shabbir Ahmed|
|Favorite Singers :||Lata Mangeshkar, Alka Yagnik, Udit Narayan, Justin Bieber|
|Favorite Musicians :||A R Rahman, Vishal Shekhar, Beyonce, Shakira, Pitbull, Jennifer Lopez, Justin Bieber|
|Favorite Designers :||Peter Dundas, Christian Laqua, Rohit Bal, Manish Malhotra|
|Address :||Knightsbridge, London|
|Contact / Email :||N/A|
|Social Profile :||Facebook Twitter Instagram|
Some Known Facts about Kanika Kapoor :
- Does Kanika Kapoor smoke? : No
- Does Kanika Kapoor drink alcohol? : Not Known
- In Lucknow, Kanika has a large extended family.
- At her Lucknow house, Kanika had converted her garage into a studio, where she would sing and record.
- Anup Jalota was her father’s childhood friend, and he would often give her a chance to sing Bhajans in the breaks that he took during his performances.
- At the age of 18, Kanika got married to Dr. Raj Chandok and moved to London.
- While Kanika was in London, she gave up singing as she was not allowed to sing there.
- After her marriage, she moved to the plush apartment in Central London at Mayfair but after her divorce, she shifted to a small apartment in Knightsbridge, London.
- Kanika also owns a house in Mumbai.
- After her divorce, Kanika moved to India along with her children, however, since her children were not able to adjust in the Indian environment and were getting ill, she moved back to London.
- In 2015, during Prime Minister Narendra Modi‘s visit to the UK, Kanika Kapoor sang the welcome song.
- In 2016, she became the brand ambassador of Swiss Watch manufacturer 88 Rue du Rhone.
- In 2018, she performed for the second time in front of PM Narendra Modi, she sang the national anthem of India.
- According to Kanika, she cannot speak Punjabi properly despite singing a number of songs with Punjabi lyrics.
Disclaimer : We can not guarantee that the information on this page is hundred percent correct. If you think that any information is wrong or missing, please Contact Here, Comment below, Mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or Join Us on Twitter and Facebook.