Rajnath Singh is an Indian politician. He is the former president of Bharatiya Janata Party. He is currently the Defence Minister of India and Deputy leader of Loksabha. He is Member of Parliament from Lucknow Constituency. He has previously served as Chief Minister of UP, Union Surface Transport Minister, Union Agriculture Minister, and Union Home Minister of India.
Rajnath Singh was born in Babhora village of Chandauli district, Uttar Pradesh to father Ram Badan Singh and mother Gujarati Devi. He was born into a family of farmers. He received his primary education from a local school of his village and went on to secure a master’s degree in physics, acquiring first division results from the Gorakhpur University. He worked as a lecturer of physics at K.B. Post Graduate College Mirzapur. He has also one brother, Jaipal Singh. Read More : Subramanian Swamy Wiki, Bio, Age, Career and Profile
Rajnath Singh had been associated with the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh since 1964, at the age of 13. Between 1969 and 1971 he was the organizational secretary of the Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad in Gorakhpur. He also became General Secretary of Mirzapur in the year 1972. After 2 years in the year 1974, he joined the politics. In 1974, he was appointed secretary for the Mirzapur unit of the Bharatiya Jana Sangh. In 1975, he was appointed District President of the Jana Sangh. He was also arrested in the year 1975 during the state of National Emergency for associating with JP Movement.
After being released from jail, Rajnath Singh joined the Janata Party founded by Jayprakash Narayan and contested legislative assembly elections from Mirzapur in 1977. He successfully fought the election and was elected as a Member of Legislative Assembly from Mirzapur. He became member of BJP in the year 1980 and was one of the initial members of the Party. In 1991, when Bharatiya Janata Party made its government first time in Uttar Pradesh, he was appointed as the Education Minister. Major highlights of his tenure as Education Minister included Anti-Copying Act, 1992, which made copying a non-bailable offence, modernising science texts and incorporating vedic mathematics into the syllabus.
In April 1994, Rajnath Singh was elected into the Rajya Sabha. In 1999 he became the Union Cabinet Minister for Surface Transport. In 2000, he became Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh. He was at that time very much close to Atal Bihari Vajpayee and had a very clean image among the people of the State. In the year 2002, he resigned from the position of Chief Minister of U.P. within the time of 2 years because at that time during the ground test, the BJP Government was at minority status. Because of the following reason there was imposition of President’s rule in the State.
In 2003, Rajnath Singh was appointed as the Minister of Agriculture and subsequently for Food Processing in the Government led by Atal Bihari Vajpayee. During this period he initiated a few epoch-making projects including the Kisan Call Centre and Farm Income Insurance Scheme. He brought down interest rates on Agriculture loans and also established Farmer Commission and initiated Farms Income Insurance Scheme. Read More : Sudhir Chaudhary Wiki, Bio, Age, Career and Profile
After the resignation of prominent figure Lal Krishna Advani due to controversial statements over Muhammad Ali Jinnah, he became president of Bharatiya Janata Party on 31 December 2005, a post he held till 19 December 2009. On 24 January 2013, he was elected president for his second term after Nitin Gadkari stepped down in 2013. He played an important role in the BJP’s campaign for the 2014 Indian general election, including declaring Narendra Modi the party’s Prime Ministerial candidate despite opposition from within the BJP. After the party’s landslide victory, he resigned the party presidency to assume the position of Home Minister on 26 May 2014.
Rajnath Singh became the Defence minister of India on 31 May 2019, after Amit Shah was given the Ministry of Home Affairs. After being Defence Minister he has indicated a subtle shift in India’s strategic vision, focused mainly on increasing the defence budget of the nation and has focused on decreasing the import of weapons from other nations and making the nation an arms exporter with an arms industry. He also stated that : “India Can not put hand in the issue of national security. Now the time has come that India needs to emerge as major arms exporter.”
Rajnath Singh Wiki Bio Quick Facts :
|Date of Birth / Age :||10 July 1951 / 72 Years (as in 2022)
|Nick Name :||Rajnath|
|Full Name :||Rajnath Singh|
|Birthplace / Home Town :||Babhora, Chakia, Chandauli, UP, India|
|Zodiac Sign / Sun Sign :||Cancer|
|Religion / Caste :||Hinduism / Kshatriya|
|Height :|| 175 Cm
|Weight :||75 Kg|
|Eye Color :||Brown|
|Hair Color :||Black|
|Father :||Rambadan Singh|
|Mother :||Gujarati Devi|
|Marital Status :||Married (1971)|
|Spouse / Wife :||Savitri Singh|
|Son(s) :||Pankaj Singh, Neeraj Singh|
|Daughter(s) :||Anamika Singh|
|Qualification :|| Msc Physics
|School :||Village School|
|College / Universities :||Gorakhpur University, Uttar Pradesh|
|Profession :||Lecturer, Politician|
|Political Party :||Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP)|
|Net Income / Salary :||Rs 1 Lakh plus other allowances|
|Email / Contact :||N/A|
|Address :||3/206, Chipulkhand Gomti Nagar Lucknow, UP17, Akbar Road, New Delhi – 110 011|
|Favorite Food :||N/A|
|Favorite Politician :||Atal Bihari Vajpayee|
Social Life and Political Journey of Rajnath Singh :
- Organizational secretary of ABVP Gorakhpur division from 1969 to 1971. [S]
- He became the RSS karyavah (General Secretary) of Mirzapur city in 1972.
- In 1974, he was appointed secretary of Bhartiya Jana Sangh for the Mirzapur Unit in Uttar Pradesh.
- In 1975, he was appointed district president of the Jana Sangh.
- In 1977, he became M.L.A. from Mirzapur constituency.
- In 1984, became the State President of the BJP Youth Wing.
- In 1986, became the National General Secretary of the BJP Youth Wing.
- In 1988, became the National President of the BJP Youth Wing.
- In 1988, became a member of the Uttar Pradesh Legislative Council.
- In 1991, became Education Minister in the Uttar Pradesh Government.
- In 1994, became a member of the Rajya Sabha.
- On 25 March 1997, became the State President of Uttar Pradesh BJP.
- On 22 November 1999, became the Union Surface Transport Minister in Atal Bihari Vajpayee‘s Government.
- On 28 October 2000, became the Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh.
- In 2002, became the National General Secretary of BJP.
- On 24 May 2003, became Union Minister of Agriculture & subsequently for Food Processing.
- In July 2004, he was appointed National General Secretary of BJP again.
- On 31 December 2005, became the National President of BJP.
- In May 2009, he was elected M.P. from Ghaziabad in Uttar Pradesh.
- In May 2014, he was elected M.P. from Lucknow in Uttar Pradesh.
- On 26 May 2014, became Union Minister for Home Affairs in Narendra Modi Cabinet.
- In the 2019 Lok Sabha Elections, he defeated his nearest rival Poonam Sinha of the Samajwadi Party by over 3.4 lakh votes from Lucknow.
- On 30 May 2019, he took the oath as the Defence Minister of India in Modi Cabinet.
Some Known Facts About Rajnath Singh :
- Does Rajnath Singh Smoke?: No
- Does Rajnath Singh Drink Alcohol?: No
- He was born in a farmer’s family at a village Babhora in the Chandauli district of Uttar Pradesh.
- At the age of 13 in 1964, he joined Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS).
- He was an active RSS worker & a brilliant student since his childhood.
- After completing his Post Graduation, he worked as a lecturer of Physics at the K.B. Post-Graduate College, Mirzapur in Uttar Pradesh.
- From 1969 to 1971, he was organizational Secretary of ABVP Gorakhpur Division.
- In 1975, he was the district coordinator during the JP Movement.
- During the political crisis in 1997, he played a key role to save the BJP led government twice.
- As a Union Surface Transport Minister in 1999, he initiated the National Highway Development Programme (NHDP)- a dream project of Atal Bihari Vajapayee.
- As a Union Minister of Agriculture, he initiated a few noble projects like Farm Income Insurance Scheme & Kisan Call Centre.
- On 7 February 2001, Singh inaugurated the DND Flyway which connects Delhi to Noida.
- In 2003, he covered the entire length & breadth of India as BJP President.
- He is an ardent follower of the Hindi language.
- On 19 September 2019, he became India’s first Defence Minister to fly in Tejas fighter aircraft. He flew in the Tejas fighter aircraft from the HAL airport in Bengaluru.
- He worked as a lecturer of Physics at K.B. Post-Graduate College Mirzapur, UP.
- He was a brilliant student and an active RSS worker since his student life.
- On 9 April 2017, he launched Bharat Ke Veer Web portal and Application with Bollywood actor Akshay Kumar for the welfare of Martyrs’ family.
Disclaimer : We Strive for accuracy and fairness. If you see something that doesn’t look right, please Contact Here, Comment below, Join Us on Twitter Facebook Koo Instagram Telegram and Youtube or Mail us at email@example.com